Join a Tradition - Join Exceptional Living of Brazil!
- Top PTO
- Wonderful Wages
- Sign on Bonus
- Tuition Plans
- Retirement Options
- Too Many Others to List!
RNs with a focus on career advancement and great customer service wanted!
Provides quality nursing services to meet the needs of each resident by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Makes daily rounds on assigned unit at least at beginning and at end of shift to observe, examine, and/or interview residents to verify information from off-going shift, to monitor regulatory compliance and to determine staff assignments. Physically assesses new admissions and residents for changes in condition or as required by regulation.
- Ensures provision of resident care. This includes but is not limited to: developing appropriate and consistent care assignments with modifications, as necessary, monitoring care given and task completion, and providing care by taking/recording vital signs, food intake and output, properly administering medication, and using medical equipment and supplies, as needed.
- Regularly assists with care plans to promote the highest level of resident physical, social and mental well-being. This includes but is not limited to: communicating care plan details, goals and approaches, reviewing compliance, consulting with interdisciplinary team, obtaining input regarding resident conditions, functional abilities, preferences, and alternative approaches to care.
- Ensures proper communication of resident care matters. This includes but is not limited to: timely informing residents, physicians, family/legal representative(s), and/or other proper persons in the event of an accident/incident, injury, change(s) in condition, room or roommate, treatment, or need to transfer or discharge.
- Trains and develops staff by assisting with orientation of new staff and/or temporary employees to unit, observing skills of nursing personnel, identifying learning needs, and maximizing teaching opportunities.
- Maintains proper documentation. This includes but is not limited to: completing required documentation of care and services delivered during shift, assessments, special circumstances, change(s) in condition, and accident/incident reports.
- Reports relevant information to the Director of Nursing/designee including but not limited to interdisciplinary team functioning and communication, regulatory compliance issues, resident risk factors, changes in resident behavior, expressed dissatisfaction by resident or family, refusals of treatment, injuries, staff behavior, staffing needs, equipment and supply needs.
- Participates with Director of Nursing/designee in survey processes. This includes but is not limited to assisting with survey readiness, staff conduct and disclosure, responses to requests for information, and plans of correction and corrective action.
- Provides for employee and resident safety. This includes but is not limited to: monitoring staff for compliance with OSHA, hazard communication, and blood borne pathogens; in cases of workplace exposure, promptly provides first-aide and refers employee to appropriate facility staff member for post-exposure follow-up; participates in fire and disaster drills; and reports incidents and/or injuries to supervisor promptly. In an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident and employee safety.
- Performs quality assessment and assurance functions and ensures that all duties performed comply with the standards established by the quality assessment and assurance program.
- Assists with development and update of policies and procedures to reflect the facility philosophy, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- This position requires the ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community, and the ability to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm; good verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
Directly supervises other nursing personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities per facility policies, practices procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Indirect supervisor of other staff to the extent their duties involve resident care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of nursing program. At least one year related experience preferred. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed in appropriate state as a Registered Nurse.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, ccu, intensive, mhb, recovery, tcu, transitional, unit